Sadie's Reviews > All Creatures Great and Small

All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot

1420680
Jun 29, 09

bookshelves: audio-books, read-with-husband, books-to-buy, 4-stars, books-i-own, dads-books
Read in June, 2009

Who knew that a memoir of a country Vet's life could be so fun and interesting! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and plan on reading the other three in this series. I loved how Herriot wrote and his ability to set up a funny situation without anything ever feeling forced. I also liked that although this book is his life story, each chapter is set up as an ancedote so I was able to put the book down and pick it up again at will. This will be one I will tell my friends to read. It was great!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Creatures Great and Small.

Hunybe I think you'll like this one. Not a page turner, but fun and easy to read in chunks...like while in the bathroom :)

Sadie I hope I will like it, it has pretty good reviews and Mike and I have been looking for something light to listen to.

Leslie I found this book in a pile of dusty books in my old step-grandmother's house one summer in my youth. It was delightful and sweet. Hope you like them. After reading them, you'll feel like you've just had a lovely picnic in the English countryside.

message 4: by Sadie (last edited Jun 28, 2009 07:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sadie Thanks Leslie, I think you are right. I'm about halfway through and have really enjoyed it. I might have to add this one to my favorites list.