Schnaucl's Reviews > Nightlife

Nightlife by Rob Thurman

Sep 27, 07

bookshelves: fiction, urban_fantasy, read_2007, owned, september, series
Read in September, 2007

I really enjoyed this book.

The book was not particularly well written, especially in the beginning, but it did improve as the book went on. Besides, it's a first novel so she deserves some slack.

I really liked the voice of the book. Cal and Niko are both really fun characters and I look forward to reading more about them.

I liked the relationship between Cal and Niko, the depth of their feelings for each other and how they demonstrated that affection both felt very real.

I also like the world they've set up and Robin Goodfellow is wonderful!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightlife.

Christine (AR) This looks cool. Only okay, though?

Schnaucl It was an enjoyable read. It really should be more like 3.5. I like it enough that I'm hoping to pick up the next book in the series in the next few days. But the writing wasn't great, especially at the beginning. It got better as the book went on though. And the characters reminded me of Don and Charlie at times. I think you might like the book. I tend to give 4s to books that I really, really enjoyed but don't necessarily have the best writing and the writing quality was poor enough in the beginning that I thought it didn't meet even the reduced standard of a 4. (5's I love and they must have quality writing).

I may yet reconsider my rating on this one from a 3 to a 4.