Da's Reviews > The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

Jun 10, 09

bookshelves: quarter-4

The second world war has just begun and the Pevensie siblings are moved to Professor Kirke's home. They enter the world of Narnia through a wardrobe and realize their duty in life. The evil Queen Jadis has taken over and turns all who disobey her orders to stone.
Edmund, second youngest of the siblings accidentally sides with the witch and becomes a traitor, which means he belongs to Jadis(an ancient law signed giving her all traitors). Aslan, true king of Narnia, makes a deal saying he will give his life in trade for Edmund's betrayal to be forgotten-- or the release of his title as a traitor. Thus, Aslan dies but those who are not guilty nad die at the Stone Table are allowed to be reborn.
Father christmas previously gifted the siblings war tools and their fight with the evil army commences. With so many creatures nad friends guiding them, "the Sons of Adam" and "the Daughters of Eve" succeed in winning their own war in Narnia. With the war over, the foursome become the kings and queens of Narnia, ruling with peace for over 10 years. They later return to Professor Kirke's home, realizing their mission had long ended and they had fulfilled their destinies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hannah If you like Narnia, you should check out the "King of the Trees" series, too. I've read all six books in the series. I hear the author is writing more. I think they are better than Narnia, but that's just my opinion. They are very well written.