Nora St Laurent's Reviews > The King's Legacy: A Story of Wisdom for the Ages

The King's Legacy by Jim Stovall

Jun 09, 2009

Read in June, 2009

Jim Stovall is popular speaker and has written several books. Another book I've read by this author was, The Ultimate Gift, it's an amazingly powerful book that's been made into a movie - that's really good; make sure you watch it with tissues handy- it's a tear jerker.

This book is written in a fairy tale fashion. Each chapter has a picture on the left hand side and the beginning of the chapter on the right. The first sentence of this book starts out, "ONCE UPON a time, there was an enchanted kingdom in a land far, far away...."

The king summons his wise men together and says, "Now that our land is enjoying a season of prosperity and peace, I wish to leave a permanent legacy of my reign as your ruler." After talking to his wisemen the King realizes that he can't do this task alone. He starts to seek the wisdom outside his counsel and opens up talks with people from all walks of life.

Each chapter of this book is about the King giving audience to his people from all walks of live, in search for wisdom; the very wisdom that will benefit all people and forever improve the lives of all humanity. Some of the people the King talks to are a merchant, a soldier, a poet, a farmer, a physician, a jester, a teacher, a parent and so on. The book ends with two chapters called `The Wisdom of the Ages' and a special chapter just for you called `The Wisdom of You.'

This small book packs a thought provoking punch. It gives you a glimpse of so much wisdom from so many angles. I enjoyed it. It doesn't take long to read. I think it's something I'm defiantly going to read to my kids.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The King's Legacy.