Ashley's Reviews > An Absolute Scandal

An Absolute Scandal by Penny Vincenzi

Jun 21, 10

bookshelves: 2010-books, fluffy-fiction
Read from June 13 to 21, 2010

Not a bad read; would have been perfect for the beach.

This was a pretty long book (500+ pages), complete with a character list before the first chapter. Typically, these make me roll my eyes: the author is essentially telling me that there are tons of characters, lots going on, and that she herself probably needed a cheat sheet of sorts to keep them all straight. And indeed, I did reference it a lot; it was much-needed.

Vincenzi did a nice job of developing the characters throughout this novel; no easy feat, I'm sure. And while there were a few unexpected twists thrown in, the ending found all the loose ends tied up, and everyone happy. This was a totally frivolous and mindless read, which I enjoy every now and then, but still couldn't shake the slightly indulgent feeling one (i.e. me) has when watching bad reality TV and wondering where the last few hours went.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Absolute Scandal.

06/19/2010 page 139
18.0% "Took awhile to get all the characters straight (and I still find myself referencing the "characters listing" at the beginning); while it's set in the late 80s, is definitely still relevant since focus on what happens after a financial disaster. Pretty good so far."