Jen's Reviews > The Virgin Suicides

Sep 29, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: books_i_listened_to
Read in September, 2007

This book is like a preface, where the real book never feels like it begins. Endless foreshadowing mixed in with various teenage boy obsessions about what a home with five daughters must entail...boxes and boxes of tampons, etc. I couldn't wait for these girls to kill themselves just so the book would be over.
121 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Virgin Suicides.

01/30 marked as: read

message 1: by Liz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz You phrased my thoughts exactly.

Lisa I am only on p90 and that is totally how I am feeling.

Rona M. just finished and reviewed it. i kinda felt the same way.

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) Yes! I'm only on page 54 and you've described exactly how I'm feeling about this, so far. Preface, what a great word for this!

message 5: by Sooz (new)

Sooz LOL I won't be reading that one then.

Lisa Marie lol this. I'm sorry but this is simple shock that pulls people in. ohh...5 girls kill themselves... must be some traumatic horrible reason why. nope... just a bunch of idiot teenagers.

message 7: by Cathy (last edited Sep 21, 2014 10:56AM) (new) - added it

Cathy DuPont Like a couple of others, LOL. Thanks for that, Jen.

**********

I just wrote this and I have no idea what I was referring to. Sorry. Do know that I'm not reading this one, in part because of Jen's comments. Thank you, Jen.

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) Lisa Marie wrote: "lol this. I'm sorry but this is simple shock that pulls people in. ohh...5 girls kill themselves... must be some traumatic horrible reason why. nope... just a bunch of idiot teenagers."

Ha!! Exactly what I thought!

message 9: by Nathan IS GOD (new)

Nathan IS GOD so your saying you hate this book because your a total bitch who likes to see the suffering of teenage girls?