CaliGirlRae's Reviews > A Caress of Twilight

A Caress of Twilight by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jun 09, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: laurell-k-hamilton-merry-gentry-ser, faeries, fantasy, urban-fantasy, paranormal-romance, dnf
Read in July, 2009

I think I'll bow out of the series here. I liked the setup of the first book in the series and looked forward to learning more about the world. But this entry reads as if someone is giving you a blow by blow story of what happened to someone else and repeats events that have already been established many times before. I notice the chapters are really extended out as if each movement and interrogation needs a chapter on its own. One part had the group going to the actresses house for one chapter, then the next chapter was arriving at the house and giving an essay on who the actress was and how she related to fae history, the next chapter was them stepping inside the house going into the living room and sitting down to chat with her bodyguards, next chapter was moving from one room to the other and then finally talking to the actress herself. And so on and so on. Rather grating if you're looking for the plot to move forward.

I'm glad I finally got to dabble in the books since I heard so much about the author and her series but I think this will probably be my last Merry Gentry book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Caress of Twilight.