Kristen H.'s Reviews > Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense, Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabulous!

Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman

Sep 08, 07

bookshelves: health
Recommended for: everyone
Read in September, 2007

I picked this up while hanging out at B&N... I was intrigued by the cover and what new crazy "diet plan" these sassy girls had to offer. I figured it would be stupid.

aside from the bad language, this was A GREAT BOOK! I read the whole thing in about 2 hours. I recommend this to anyone trying to get healthier - whether they are looking to be skinny or not!

the chapter on MEAT & treatment of animals made me cry & I am going to be a vegetarian from now on. WHAT?! I know. I don't think the book was "pushy" or offering any quick-fix easy solution to becoming skinny/healthy. most of it is stuff we already know but don't want to do: eat more fruit, veggies, whole grains, etc. they talk about sugar - why refined & artificial is bad & what choices are better. they go in depth on why meat and dairy aren't good for our bodies & why organic IS really better.

I was also happy that for ONCE a book on nutrition also included giving up caffeine! and smoking! and doing a FAST every month or so. mmmm, sounded a little "familiar" already.
seriously a good book that everyone should read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny Bitch.