Tina (Fantastic Book Review)'s Reviews > The Dead-Tossed Waves

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Mar 11, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, dystopian
Read in March, 2010

Carrie Ryan grabs you by the teeth with THE DEAD TOSSED WAVES and never lets you go. Before jumping into this book, I felt almost hesitant, wondering if I was ready to embark on another harrowing journey and worried about how emotionally wrecked I’d be in the process. When I opened the book, there was an ominous feeling in the air, leaving me edgy and wanting to chant -“Don’t do it Gabry,” right from get go. I can tell you that Carrie Ryan wastes no time jumping back into the thick of things and this novel starts off with one hell of a bang!

Reading this book through Gabry’s 1st person POV puts you right smack in the middle of the action. I empathized and cringed for her every step of the way. Gabry didn’t think she had the strength and skills of her mother to handle the Unconsecrated/Mudo/Breakers but her actions in this book proved she was just as strong as Mary. The secrets and suspense in this book had me sitting on the edge of my seat. The characters in DTW are flawless. Once again, Ryan drilled into my emotions and had them pouring all over the pages.

When I finished reading THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH, the first thing I did was go the Carrie Ryan’s website to see if there would be a sequel. Well, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on THE DEAD TOSSED WAVES even though it's a companion novel. If you thought THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH was good, well THE DEAD TOSSED WAVES is something to behold. Ryan had me on pins and needles with this thrilling installment. With the way TDW ended, I can't wait to find out what's in store for Gabry in the next installment!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead-Tossed Waves.