Simon Ph.D.'s Reviews > Swim against the Current: Even a Dead Fish Can Go With the Flow

Swim against the Current by Jim Hightower

Jun 08, 09

Read in October, 2007

I never thought I'd land a book that's as dry as a crouton (but without the spices). I encourage you to use Amazon's Concordance or Text Stats for this book. The language requires less than a high school education. The tone is nonsensical and the message is trivial. We (the ones with half-a-brain) know what the problems in our political and economic system are. We know what needs to be done to change it, the question is do we need another dull book to tell us that? The authors try to integrate examples with their never ceasing preaching, but in the end, the nauseating taste of a simplemindedness remains. Jim, isn't it time to retire?

If you'd like some good recommendations, check out Tam Weddington's `Lasting Contribution' for its cleverness on leading a more productive life or Michael Polan's `Omnivore's Dilemma'. It has better examples on organic farming and healthy lifestyles.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swim against the Current.