Uniquely Tahira Namreen's Reviews > The Scarlet Pimpernel

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy

U 50x66
Jun 29, 09

Read in July, 2008

this book is one of those which are hard to find but very interesting to read and to learn.

this book is about the early period of the french revolution and a group of wealthy men from good and wealthy families who risk their lives to save the french royalties or used-to be royalties even aristrocrats from the blood-thirsty guillotine.

in the story Marguerite Blakeney,a french actress is married to Sir Percy Blakeney,a seemingly vain and smple yet wealthy man.the french ambassador to England,Citizen Chauvelin,blackmails Marguerite into giving him information that leads to his discovery of the scarlet pimpernel's true iddentity.Marguerite only realizes once her husband has once again left for France that man she betrayed, the scarlet pimpernel,is infact none other than Sir Percy.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scarlet Pimpernel.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hedzlyn (new)

Hedzlyn Helwaty I have heard much about this book, but never picked it up, because I thought stories set during the French Revolution are boring. I will keep ths book in view. :)