Bettie☯'s Reviews > The Talisman Ring

The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer

Mar 06, 14

bookshelves: published-1936, adventure, earlymodern16c-18c, fraudio, amusing, historical-fiction, regency-romp1811-1820
Recommended for: everyone
Read in August, 2009

mp3 and read by Siän Phillips. How much fun can one have with these lovely characters? If one had them all round for high tea, one feels sure it would be quite the diversion so long as the sixteen candles are cached away behind the oak wainscotting.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Talisman Ring.

Bibliophile I'm currently reading this too! :D

Bettie☯ Bibliophile wrote: "I'm currently reading this too! :D"

Ah-ha! I saw earlier and meant to get back to you to say that everyone else finds Eustacie silly and irritating and I am loving her, especially the way she is read by Siân Phillips on the audio. Georgette Heyer is pretty new to me and luckily enough I have landed a fair few of them. There is a GH group here to discuss them all - have you joined that Bibliophile?

I take this oppurtunity to say that I do like your reviews - they ring true.

:O)

Bibliophile Oh, I adore Eustacie (actually, I am loving all of the characters, although I also find Ludovic more romantic than Tristram, despite the latter's better name :P) Sarah is also extremely appealing!

And thanks so much for your comment on my reviews!

Bettie☯ Bibliophile wrote: "Oh, I adore Eustacie (actually, I am loving all of the characters, although I also find Ludovic more romantic than Tristram, despite the latter's better name :P) Sarah is also extremely appealing!..."

It reads like a black and white Saturday family - time film - all good fun.

Bibliophile Heh! yes, I stayed up way too late to finish it and there were at least two or three times that I actually did laugh out loud about something or other. And I continued to find Eustacie delightful :D