Ashlee's Reviews > The Continuous Atonement

F 50x66
Jun 07, 2009

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, church, self-help
Read in May, 2009

This book has new ideas on an old topic. Brother Wilcox applies the atonement to our daily lives in a way that has not been presented to me before. It is an easy read and motivates me to be better.

One quote from the book:

Little children don't learn to walk in a day. Between the time a child is carried in a parent's arms and the great day when he is running on his own, there is a lot of hand holding, baby stepping, and falling. For a child learning to walk, falling down may not be desirable, but the lessons learned from it are.

Similarly, before we came to the world, God knew we had progressed as far as we were able without an earthly experience. He could no longer carry us by keeping us in His presence. It was time for His children to learn how to walk on their own. That's why He lovingly placed us here - across the room, so to speak - and stepped just beyond our reach, all the while beckoning us to come. He knew the tumbles that awawited us. He knew the ups and downs ahead. That's why He planned from the very start to send our older brother to hold our hands, lift us up, and guide us across the room back to His outstretched arms. We left those arms crawling. We can return to them running. (p. 19)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Continuous Atonement.