Naurin's Reviews > The Stories of Eva Luna

The Stories of Eva Luna by Isabel Allende

U 50x66
Jun 07, 09

Read in June, 2009

The book "The Stories of Eva Luna" by, Isabel Allende was amazing. I loved how the author divided many short stories and put it all in one book. These stories gave me various and mixed emotions. However my favorite story "Wicked Girl" was in the beginning of the book. This story shocked me because I never thought of any conflict in a relationship the way the author described it. The conflict in this story was that a man stayed over a hotel and was sensuous with the owner. The daughter of the owner, however did not like the man. but after her mom passed away, and she became mature, she met this man again and this time she liked a person whom her mother has slept with.
The thoughts of being in a relationship with whom your mother has slept with disturbs me very much.My mother is married, however if she was to date other men, and if I thought of dating them as well if my mother wasn't going out with them anymore, just the thought of it would make me look like a pathetic person. But I guess, there comes times when it's hard to decide things for your self. Therefore, what the daughter in this sotry have done, I won't criticize her for it but I still think it's a mistake.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stories of Eva Luna.

Mathew Toll Umm, that's not actually what happens in "Wicked Girl". The girl is obsessed with the man at first and the mother doesn't die in the story.