KeepOnFlyin's Reviews > The Softwire: Wormhole Pirates on Orbis 3

The Softwire by P.J. Haarsma

Jun 07, 09

Read in May, 2009

I have to admit, I enjoyed the first two books from The Softwire series so much that I could hardly wait for this third one to come out and it did not disappoint me! In fact, this was my favorite one from the series so far!

PJ Haarsma’s imagination has created yet another exciting world very unique from the first two. I enjoyed visualizing Orbis 3 with its large crystal sculptures and sparkling scenery.

As I read about the continued adventures of JT and his sister and friends I was thrilled at all the intense action that started off right from the very beginning and lasted clear through to the last page.

I felt relief for the children as they seemed to be in a kinder world without having to work as slaves and get to live in the care of their good friend. Yet, they had plenty of opportunities to show their intelligence and bravery as they fight off opponents playing an exciting life-threatening game--a game which amused me as I realized the author was managing to teach us a little about physics along the way.

It was charming to read how JT and Maxine “Max” adjust to adolescent feelings, especially toward each other now that they are getting a little older. I think the story also does a wonderful job of demonstrating how easy it is to become prey to the night life and addictions and the consequences that can occur as experienced by JT’s friend Theodore.

Now, I will sit back and try to patiently wait for Orbis 4 (and perhaps even a movie as these stories sure would make a great one)!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Softwire.