Angela's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Jun 07, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: 2009, pub-sischu, angels, contemporary, love-or-romance, unfinished-series, books-i-own, read-in-2010, read-in-2009, paranormal
Read from November 12 to 14, 2010

Re-reading before I start CRESCENDO. I originally read this the day after staying up to watch the midnight release of a movie and surprisingly I can't really remember much about the story!

11/20/09
I have been looking forward to reading this book since the ARCs first started circulating and everyone was raving about the story. I think I entered every contest online to win a copy, but never won. Then a few weeks ago I was able to get buy a book and get it signed at Costco, but it still sat on my shelf for a good couple of weeks before I finally picked it up. I wanted to read it when I wouldn't be too interrupted to finish, and I also wanted to savor the anticipation of reading a little longer. I started HUSH, HUSH this morning and finished just after lunch and the book did not disappoint!

Two main things I loved about this book: the pace of the story and Patch. The book opens and immediately there is something happening in the story. I didn't have to read through 100 pages of setup before anything interesting happens. And I didn't have to wait until 30 pages from the end before the Nora learns Patch's secrets (at least some of them - I suspect there is a lot more she doesn't know). Patch is awesome! You get the bad boy vibe from him and I never knew if I really should trust him or not. I love that he was always in Nora's space and pushing her and making her uncomfortable.

This book has a different ending from the ARC. Becca said when I got my book signed that this is the ending she originally wrote, then changed it for the ARC, then changed it back again. She said she'd post the ARC ending on her website at some point ... but I'm curious if anyone who has read the ARC will tell me how the ARC ends?

There is also a sequel to this book coming out next fall called CRESCENDO. Becca said we will learn more about Nora's dad in that book. And Becca is hoping to write 1 or 2 more books after that one. So. For those who are hesitant to start another unfinished series, this book stands alone really well. I feel like the next book would just be more adventures in the same world rather than continuing a story that wasn't finished in the first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.