Daisiemae's Reviews > Car Wash

Car Wash by Shawn Lane

There isn’t much I can say about Car Wash by Shawn Lane that hasn’t already been said. Shayne was very eloquent with his review, and Ava (who evidentially doesn’t write fast enough) and Sandy all wrote awesome reviews! So I decided not to repeat what has already been said, and instead tell you what I thought about this story.

Here’s what I have been dying to say for over a week…I LOVED THIS BOOK! First of all, Kevin is one of the most enchanting heroes I have read about in a long time. There is something that is very attractive about his outlook on life. His stubbornness not to let things get him down and his determination to come out better because of all the things he has gone through, made him very appealing in more ways that one.

Kevin’s sexiness is apparent throughout the book. His willingness to be himself, and not conform to other people’s expectations of beauty, or normal behavior made him one of my favorite heroes. I love a hero that is willing to put himself out there. Even though he might be scared to death, he is unwilling to give up the fight lying down. AND, when he is in love, he loves with his whole heart and soul. Too me, that is a real man, and that sums up Kevin to a tee.

Actually Michael said it best... Kevin is every gay man’s wet dream, and well, maybe a middle aged straight woman’s too! LOL

Michael was perfect for Kevin. His may not have always said nor did the right thing to keep in Kevin’s good graces at all times, but his heart was always in the right place. Lucky for both of them, Kevin sees through Michael’s wealth and truly falls in love with the sweet and giving man he is inside.

I loved the storyline. Shawn always amazes me with her ability to pull me into the lives of her characters. I find it so easy to relate to them, care about them and root for the happiness that they deserve. They are people who are always flawed, but still so worthy of the love they receive.

Now, for the really good part! The sexual chemistry between Kevin and Michael was so hot, it raised the temperature in my house and I had to down the air just to cool off! I swear if I had been feeling better, my husband would have already written Shawn a Thank You note! Michael was a lucky man! I get flushed just thinking about the kitchen scene! WHEW!

To me, Car Wash is a perfect example of how versatile Shawn is as a writer. It didn’t have the angst or the conflict some of her other books have, but it still was very enjoyable and I thought that it’s one of her most interesting character driven books yet.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I loved Kevin? LOL

5+ stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Car Wash.

06/07/2009 page 1
06/08/2009 page 105
91.3% "Loved Kevin! Review this week!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sidda Lee hope you review this one.

Gabbi Me too.

message 3: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna I gotta read this one! Kevin sounds dreamy! Great review, as always Daisiemae! :)

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Great review, Daisie. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lindsay Awesome review, Dais! I absolutely loved this book! I know how you feel about Kevin, because I felt exactly the same way about him too! He was so cute and sexy!

Sandy Well said, Shellie!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Shell, you are so sweet. You keep me wanting to keep on writing

message 8: by Ava (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ava Great review, Shellie!! :D

message 9: by JoJo (new)

JoJo You sold me. I'm reading this one next. Great review

Shayne Fabulous review, Shell!
Your right about Kevin, he IS enchanting!

Mahlet another great review on this one! I'm going to order tonight - it's my first m/m erotic romance e-book purchase - yay!

Lillie I'll be reading this one next. Great review, Daisiemae

message 13: by Josh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josh Great review.

Brent Great review, Shell

Sophie I am just about to start it next! Great review, Daisie

message 16: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Informative review, Shell :-)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree with you sis! I thought Kevin was a very refreshing hero. I wish there were more of them like him out there.
Awesome review!