Kapi's Reviews > Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body

Your Inner Fish by Neil Shubin

Dec 29, 2009

bookshelves: science, non-fiction

Update 12/2009: Shubin and I have just released 40 figures in this book as a deck of PowerPoint slides with the hopes that educators across the country will be able to use them in their lectures on evolution and biology. They're available for free on the Tiktaalik website: http://tiktaalik.uchicago.edu/book-to... Hope they're useful!

Review from 12/2007: Keep an eye out for this book's release in January of 2008. I worked extensively with the author while he was writing it, and was constantly entertained by the content and the style. Shubin skillfully uncovers the evidence for evolution we carry within our bodies every day, all the while weaving in personal anecdotes of adventures in the Arctic and self-discovery in cadaver labs.

The book caters to a broad spectrum of folks - from your average person who vaguely remembers reading a headline about some dinosaur find last week to the most dedicated science geek. If you don't come away from the book with a greater appreciation of the profound connectedness of life, at least you'll gain an arsenal of fun facts to bust out at your next cocktail party. Definitely a good read!
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Inner Fish.

message 1: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa Thanks for the extra resource!