Kristi's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Jul 24, 2010

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in January, 2010

I think I'm probably the last person to finally get around reading this. The book has like 600 some five star reviews on amazon, the debate of Team Gale vs. Team Peeta reigns supreme on my twitter. It's the series that just won't go away.

And now I understand why.

I must admit, when I read the summary, I wasn't intrigued, when I saw the cover... still not intrigued, saw all the positive reviews still not.... went to ALA Chicago, where the coveted Catching Fire arcs flew off the table like million dollar bills (is there million-dollar bill?)... I didn't get one, and I really didn't care. (I KNOW! Don't judge)

But I finally sat down to see what all the hype was about, I didn't think it would be able to live up to it all, but it did and then some. I'm not going to a conventional review, because honestly I don't have anything to add to the discussion, just look at this as another reason why you should read it if you haven't.

I'm not sure what makes this book such a great one. It has all the elements of a great literary work, alluring characters, riveting plot, remarkably written.... but what makes it so great? I wish I knew.

It was addicting, and I was the unsuspecting victim.

Read it.

That is all.

51 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

12/31 page 90
05/02 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Pixie/PageTurners(Amber) C. Are you reviewing this one?

Kristi maybe.......

Kelly Oram I was the same way, it took me a year to read The Hunger Games after it was first recommended to me because the summary just didn't appeal to me that much. I finally gave in when Catching Fire was released and the series blew me away. It has been agonizing having to wait for the last book.

Anyway, you said it brilliantly! If you haven't read this series, just read it. There's simply nothing else to say.

Isabel I still haven't read this! It's a sin! >.<

message 5: by Joyce (new)

Joyce It was not a struggle- read all three books in under a week. And I'm not one with time on my hands. Pure, unadulterated entertainment!

message 6: by Teon (new) - added it

Teon Taylor Whats kristi my name is teon !!

Leah You think you were the last one reading it? Look at me, just read the first two books in the last week and a half... I've only started 3 years after you ;)
But yeah, the book. is. addictive. Couldn't sleep till I couldn't stay awake reading it >.<

message 9: by Nora (new) - added it

Nora i started reading it a week a ago and finished yesterday and its 2015. your not the last one.

ginia i agree with you.i dont think anyone knows what makes this series so great.

PS
i gave the book 5 stars too.