Bethany's Reviews > P.S. I Love You

P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

Oct 13, 13

Read in July, 2013

Oh God, heartbreaking is the only appropriate adjective to describe this book. And I knew the plot as I've watched Gerard Butler butcher the Irish language in a way only acceptable to me, be being a massive Irish fan, due to his insane hotness. So it's one of those times where "see me" would be scrawled across a particularly appalling essay. Feel free to pop round any time Mr. Butler to discuss your performance in more detail.
It was vastly different from the film, which was very surprising! I liked the plot more in the book as I felt it was more realistic. She didn't sleep with another man who just so happened to be Gerry's friend. I also loved the family dynamic which was ignored in the film due to the unnecessary altering of Holly's nationality. But I felt that the actors who portrayed the characters were well chosen.
Overall, a good read, not a nice one and not one that I will read again as "chick-lit" (Even writing that makes me cringe - why do books written for women have to be so formulaic and poo quality?) is not my genre at all.
Basically, I was lead astray by Gerard Butler. And I'd let it happen again. And again. Gerard, if you're reading this, message me ;)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read P.S. I Love You.

07/17/2013 marked as: read