Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > Deeper

Jun 06, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: trt-posted-reviews, read-by-other-reviewers

Reviewed by Joan Stradling for TeensReadToo.com

After digging through the subterranean world of modern-day London in search of his father, fourteen-year-old Will Burrows ended up on the run from the diabolical Styx army with his best friend, Chester, and his newly discovered brother, Cal.

As they travel deeper into the earth, they find dangers none of them ever dreamed possible. And the worst danger of all is the one from Will's murderous sister, Rebecca, who is leading the Styx army in an evil plot that threatens to wipe out those living above ground.

But with their lives at risk far below, can Will and his small band of friends stay alive long enough to save those above?

I enjoyed reading DEEPER even more than I enjoyed the first book, TUNNELS. The dark caverns of this book wound me along at a quick pace as it led me deeper and deeper into the story. I found myself happily submerged in the deeper and darker lives and trials of these characters.

It wasn't as slow going as the first book since Gordon and Williams excavated and laid the groundwork for a solid underground world in TUNNELS. As a result, the plot and character development moved along at a much smoother pace in DEEPER.

I am looking forward to the sequel so I can FREEFALL further into the depths of these characters' lives.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper.

11/03/2016 marked as: read-by-other-reviewers

Billy M. This is my favorite book of all time!!!