Lucille's Reviews > The Other Side of Dawn

The Other Side of Dawn by John Marsden

May 23, 12

bookshelves: kickass-heroines, young-adult, battles-wars-and-killers
Read in May, 2012

The temporary peaceful existence in Hell has been shattered by a skirmish with enemy soldeirs. Hell is no longer safe. After a radio call with Colonel Finley, the group finds out that they will have a visitor the next day. When he arrives, he tasks Ellie, Homer, Lee, Kevin and Fi with one last mission. D-Day is coming, the final push in the war, the moment of no return, where everyone is going to throw everything that they have against the invaders. The New Zealand army needs all the help that they can get, so they are calling all of their assets into action, arming them with explosives, and sending them out to do as much damage as possible. This is the last chance for winning the war.
This book is exciting and dangerous, although the stunts that they pull aren't on the same scale as Cobbler's Bay or the airport. There is still a lot of action though. I really do love this series. I love how it comes to a close (even if the very last sentence is kind of stupid, but that's ok, I can forgive one sentence). And I like how in this book, it reminds you that there are other people doing their effort to win the war. There are a lot of other brave people out there who contributed in a big way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Side of Dawn.