Andrea's Reviews > Sarah's Quilt

Sarah's Quilt by Nancy E. Turner

Jun 06, 09

When I told my husband I was reading the sequel to "These is My Words", he asked if it was called "This Is More Of My Words". I don't really get the actual title. Very very little of it was about a quilt. Which probably means it's symbolic for something I'm not understanding. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it. I thought it was weird that Rudolfo was a COMPLETELY different person in this book. It would have made more sense to just introduce a new character for that role rather than have Rudolfo act in a way that was inconsistent to his character in the first book. And of course there was the fact that this one wasn't about Jack and Sarah, and their story is what I loved. Still beautifully written and really gives a feel for what it was like to live in that time.

Something I thought of half way through the book was how this was set in exactly the same time as "The Luxe" novels by Anna Godbersen. It's really amazing how different their lifestyles/priorities were depending on where in the country they were living, New York City vs. Arizona.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sarah's Quilt.