Jim's Reviews > Point of Impact

Point of Impact by Tom Clancy

Jun 05, 09

Tom Clancy remains one of my favorite authors and Point of Impact is another installment of the Netforce (Number 5) series. Previously I have listened to the audio book version of several of the Netforce books. Unfortunately, I listened to them out-of-order that Clancy had intended. Well, a few months ago, I sorted the books into the order intended and have been listening to them again. I'm about half way thru the series. Since the Netforce characters continue thru the whole series, it makes alot more sense when you listen to them in order!

Point of Impact follows Netforce's investigation of who is creating a new mega-drug. This drug gives the taker super-human strength for a brief period of time followed by a several day "crash". The only problem is that once created the large purple pills become inert in 48 hours after mixing the final components.

Interesting idea for the book. Well written as always and fun to read (listen to). Soon, I will tackle the next in the Netforce series. I can always recommend the Netforce series and this installment is a must read. I do recommend you follow the series though!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Point of Impact.