Emily's Reviews > The Cinderella Rules

The Cinderella Rules by Donna Kauffman

Jun 27, 09

bookshelves: chick-lit, reviewed
Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** The back of the book made the back of the book seem interesting to me. It should have come with a warning on it though I think. I would not recommend this book to someone now.

The book was is about Darcy, a girl who is estranged from her business man Father and the mother figure to her socialite sister. Pepper, the sister, talks Darcy into taking over one of the hostess jobs her father needs done for a business associate.

At the airport Darcy meets Shane, the other main character. Shane just lost his only family member, an overbearing Grandmother and has just inherited the family empire, including a corporation in the middle of a take over deal with another company.

They are both on their way to Glass Slipper Inc. Dary for a make over her sister set up and Shane to see his Godmother. They meet and can't keep their hands off each other the rest of the book. Really, I think that, the whole can't keep their hands off each other, is the whole point of this book.

"Spoiler for the plot: The two figure out there is something fishy about the take over and the business deal the associate she is showing around is involved in. Darcy's father and Pepper shows up, they are both spies, they blow open the deal. Shane and Darcy live in separate parts of the world and can't give up their obligations. So they part. The sister finally finds a way to bring them together and they all keep helping on spy missions.

Really not much to wrap up, I feel like I just told you the whole plot really throw in a few sex scenes and you have the plot. I feel like the author wanted to write a bunch of sex/seductions scenes and the plot was built around that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cinderella Rules.

dateDown_arrow    newest »