Lennie's Reviews > Until the twelfth of never: the deadly divorce of Dan & Betty Broderick

Until the twelfth of never by Bella Stumbo

Jun 05, 09

Dan Broderick is a successful lawyer who has an affair with his assistant and then leaves his wife, Betty, for this much younger woman. Betty kills them both which shocks the upscale community in which they live in. I was completely engrossed in this true crime novel and I thought it was well written because the book covers the span of their marriage, beginning with the early years as they struggled financially when Dan was in law school to the present when he became successful and they lived an upper class lifestyle. After Dan left her, Betty comes across as a scorned and bitter woman and it is easy to see how she reached the point to where she "lost it". If I had to figure out her motive, I would say that she felt betrayed because she helped her husband get to where he was at in his career. If you enjoy reading true crime books, I highly recommend you read this one!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until the twelfth of never.