Justin's Reviews > Quidditch Through the Ages

Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling

Jun 08, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, sports
Read in June, 2009

This is a quick, fluffy read that, like the other "supplementary" Harry Potter books, is a replica of the literature found within the magical society depicted in the main story. I bought these and read them simply because I am an unapologetic fan of the series and will happily consume anything Potter-related.

That being said, Quidditch Through the Ages is a fun little book. I especially enjoyed the history of the game, as it helped to lend a little sense to its rules. I've always loved the Quidditch scenes in the books, but the rules are completely mystifying and really just exist to make Harry (the Seeker) a hero no matter what else goes on in the game. This little guide eases the suspension of disbelief by giving all of those rules a backstory. The brief guide to the professional Quidditch teams was fun to read, as well.

Not much to offer here for people who aren't fans of the Harry Potter series, but a great little diversion for those that are.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quidditch Through the Ages.