Jaclyn's Reviews > High Fidelity

Jun 05, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: music-musicians, gilmore-girls, england
Read in October, 2009

I toyed back and forth between 3-4 stars for this one and in the end settled on 3. There were parts of this book that I did "really like", but overall I would have to say that I only "liked" it. The story is about is about a 35 year old man named Rob who has just been broken up with by his girlfriend of two years, and follows his journey of trying to get over her and get on with life. When I first started reading, I instantly liked it and was hooked right away. As the story wore on though, I began to find Rob a bit depressing and became anxious for the story to end. However, by the end I came back around to really liking it again. Throughout the book there were several lines that I loved and many that were so right on that I found myself laughing out loud. It's an interesting coming-of-age story written with great insight and wit. I do recommend it, as I think there are many who will like it more than I did, particularly guys and those interested in music and pop culture; and I think there's enough in here to entertain, even for those who find Rob a little difficult to relate to and a little sad.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Fidelity.

09/30/2009 page 103
30.29% "I'm loving all the name dropping of movies, music, and musicians."