Rachelle's Reviews > A Lion Called Christian: The True Story of the Remarkable Bond Between Two Friends and a Lion

A Lion Called Christian by Anthony Bourke

F_50x66
Jun 05, 09

Read in May, 2009

Earlier this year my mom showed me a video clip of the reunion of Christian and his prior caretakers. If you haven't seen it, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdW...

When I found out that there was a book about their experiences, I knew I had to read it. It is a great book and only takes about two hours to read.

I was impressed with how much they cared about Christian's well-being. Right from the very beginning they knew that they would not be able to keep him long and that they were not going to condemn him to a life in a zoo or circus. They put a lot of work into caring for him and helping him to be successfully rehabilitated into the wild.

It's a fun little story that's worth reading! How often do you read a true story about a lion being raised in a London furniture store and then later on leading his own pride in Africa?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lion Called Christian.