Katharine's Reviews > Enchanter

Jun 21, 09

bookshelves: read-2009
Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert **
My biggest issue with the book was that Axis ended up falling for Azhure after he promised himself to Faraday. That just rubs me the wrong way... It then discredits any promise he makes after that. Who could trust him again if he says something that sounds like he means SO MUCH and then turns around and changes his mind? He's the type of guy who only cares about his own needs first and puts everything else far behind him. Not that great for a leader/king of all.

That said, like the first book it's another fantasy series I can only be so jealous of, for I would never be able to write such beauty.

I did enjoy the book and I found myself unable to put it down. While I don't like Axis as much as I used to, I do see that it's realistic. Promises mean nothing to the general mass of society these days, what with rushed marriages and then divorces and such - how is this any different to that? It's not. So my issue with Axis hardly means anything - I'm just born in the wrong century if I have any problems with him.

I also read somewhere that Sara never liked Faraday, so any hopes of her having a happy ending will be sadly crushed most likely. Still, I can't wait to read the third in the series, and then carry onwards with the other three.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchanter.