Noah's Reviews > The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

Jun 04, 09

bookshelves: c-s-lewis
Read in June, 2009

I have long been a fan of CS Lewis' non-fiction books, mostly because his points are so intricately argued that if you disagree with him you can immediately see why, and if you agree you can deepen your opinion. I hadn't read much of his fiction until now, and I must say it is very much different. Reading "Dawn Treader" for me was like looking at some beautiful piece of nature (high mountains, a tree or long grass in the wind, or, of course, the sea) and being hit by the simple beauty of it. The silence which true beauty brings to one's self is difficult to explain in words, as whenever a word is given, no matter how broad or how narrow its meaning, immediately dashes the whole image and leaves one with but a memory. But CS Lewis' descriptions of beauty, so simple that they are, reach past mere words and get at the heart of things. Too in frequently have I known a work of literature to do such a thing, and "Dawn Treader" is one of them.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.