Maggie's Reviews > Starry, Starry Night: Three Holiday Stories

Starry, Starry Night by Lurlene McDaniel

Jun 07, 09

bookshelves: june-09
Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I found these three stories, although not read during the holidays, sweet and touching. Although I have to admit, it wasn't Lurlene McDaniel at her best. Since there were three stories made to fit into a 255 page, each story was at least 80, which didn't leave much room to elaborate.

My favorite story was "Kathy's Life." I felt that was the most touching of all--to give up your son so he could have a better life, no matter how much you want to keep him. The other two stories were just okay for me. For "Last Dance," I was so sure that Doug was going to die, because I looked for a deeper meaning in Brenda's wish on a star. But I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want the guy to die, but I felt that the ending for "Last Dance" was too sudden, and nothing really happened.

I will most likely pick up this book again during the holidays, just for some holiday hope. It was a great and fast read.

Rating:

93/100
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starry, Starry Night.

06/06/2009 page 91