Sara's Reviews > Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson

Jun 25, 09

bookshelves: 2009, middle-grade
Read in June, 2009

4.5 stars. This is, by far, the best installment of the 39 Clues series yet. In this book, Amy and Dan, still on the around-the-world scavenger hunt, racing against little-known relatives, find themselves in Egypt. The author does an amazing job capturing the setting, describing the sights, sounds, and the feel of the country, and the dialogue is great! The characters that we've grown to know over the previous book finally do some growing of their own in this book, adding depth to their personalities and histories. I loved how three-dimensional they quickly became. Even the new characters introduced in here were extremely likable and fun. Plus, as previously mentioned, it's set in Egypt and they're learning about the ancient Egyptians; what's not to love about that?!? The action scenes were entertaining, the information/history imparted was interesting, and I just plain devoured this book. After being disappointed by #3, I was very pleased to read such a wonderful subsequent installment. Can't wait for the next one to come out! Definitely a series to be enjoyed by kids and adults alike.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Grave.