Eva Leger's Reviews > Lost: Lost and Found Pet Posters from Around the World

Lost by Ian Phillips

Jun 04, 09

bookshelves: b-non-fiction, humor, pets-animals
Read in June, 2009, read count: once

This is a pretty cute little book- it's so fast to get through- I went through the entire thing in under a half hour tonight.
The posters and drawing from the children are absolutely heartbreaking. Some of them are humorous, some are just plain old posters. It's sad to think that probably most of them didn't make it home. A very few have the end result added, example- this one made it home, this one was hit by a car and died, etc. I wish he has maybe added more, what happened to all of them, the ones he could find out about anyway, but then that would have brought sad feelings onto the pet owners in a lot of cases. I'm not sure what I'd think or feel if I got that call.
He includes some interesting, if they are correct, statistics in the back of the book. I do wish he had noted where they came from though. One or two seem off but maybe not.
He also has a part in the back with tips for making lost pet posters and while the tips are all common sense things, many are things we may not think about at a time like that.
I definitely suggest taking a look if the cover grabs your interest. My daughter absolutely adored the cover drawing of the dogs legs- she got the biggest kick out of that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost.

06/04/2009 page 1
0.48% "this looks hilarious!"

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jeannie this is on my wishlist. could I give you a point for it? please.

message 4: by Eva (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva Leger No. But I'll send it to you. LOL Where is it wishlisted though? I looked here and on BM and didn't see any of my friends wanting it. Did I miss it on BM?

Jeannie I thought it was on BM and it is on my reminder list on pbs cause I am at the limit there. don't worry about sending me anything till I get back. Less for John to have to pick up at the po. LoL!!!

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva Leger Maybe it is on BM then and I missed it. I usually take a look on there and here when I go to list something if no friends have asked. Well, thankfully I hadn't sent it to someone yet- I would not have been very happy. It is pretty cute.

Jeannie gosh I am so behind on all these comments cause I couldn't access them while I was on vacation. I am looking forward to this one