Sabrina Rutter's Reviews > The Basement: Meditations on a Human Sacrifice: With a New Introduction

The Basement by Kate Millett

Dec 24, 2015

did not like it
bookshelves: true-crime, didnt-finish

This author seems a bit off her rocker! I have never read a true crime book before where the author claims to be obsessed with the victim of a brutal crime. I just can't read this book one page further! The author has made herself a part of the story and that's just not sitting well with me. I'm so glad I borrowed this from the library instead of buying it!
There are only two books I know of that are about this crime and both in my opinion are horribly written. The other THE INDIANA TORTURE SLAYING is much more readable than this one, but the style it was written in bored me to tears.
Honestly I have read much better written articles about this crime on the internet.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Basement.

12/01/2009 page 1

Kersten This is not a "true crime book," but a "meditation," if you read the title.

message 2: by Sabrina (last edited Dec 24, 2015 10:08PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Sabrina Rutter Regardless, I didn't care for the writing style. Why on earth anyone would want to meditate on Sylvia's murder is beyond me. Not to mention I got this from the Indiana room in my public library which houses books that are strictly "nonfiction" about Indiana, or things that took place in Indiana.