Becca's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Jul 12, 09

(Review from the author)

Let's see. My review/What I learned from this book:

Well, I learned that it was a lot of fun to write! Enjoy the fall, all!
384 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.

message 1: by ReaderGirl (new) - added it

ReaderGirl hehehe :) I can't wait to read it!!!

Wrighty Hi Becca!
I got your book through Shelf Awareness and I loved it!! I had books ahead of it to review but I started reading it and couldn't stop. I will be posting my review soon on my blog Wrighty's Reads (thanks so much for visiting!) but in the meantime I'm promoting it every chance I get. I've also been spreading the word so people will know about the First Look program at Barnes & Noble. Congrats on being the first Teen edition! They made a great choice and I look forward to the discussions. Enjoy the ride, it will be a great success. I can't wait for the next one!

Best wishes,
Debbie Wright (Wrighty)

*Awesome cover!!

Becca Hi, Debbie!

Thanks so much for the note! And thank you for spreading the word - it's greatly appreciated! See you over at B&N for the discussion later this month :)

Becca

Wrighty wrote: "Hi Becca!

Marge Hi Becca! Loved your interview with Mandy from Words Worth Books on her Edge of Seventeen blog! Can't wait for the book release on the 13th! Best Wishes to you! Can't wait for Crescendo...

Becca Marge wrote: "Hi Becca! Loved your interview with Mandy from Words Worth Books on her Edge of Seventeen blog! Can't wait for the book release on the 13th! Best Wishes to you! Can't wait for Crescendo..."

Hi, Marge! Thanks for the note - I can't believe it's almost the 13th!! Glad you enjoyed Mandy's interview - it's been fun getting to know her over the internet :)

Becca

message 6: by Carolina (last edited Oct 12, 2009 07:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carolina Becca! I dearly love Hush, Hush. It is now waaayyy up there on my favorite books list. I am now highly anticipating crescendo. is that not set to be released for a while? Well just wanted to say that your book was extremely enjoyable to read :]

Becca Carolina wrote: "Becca! I dearly love Hush, Hush. It is now waaayyy up there on my favorite books list. I am now highly anticipating crescendo. is that not set to be released for a while? Well just wanted to say th..."

Hey, Carolina! I'm so glad you loved the story!! Crescendo will be out October 2010...one more year :)

Thanks for the note!
Becca

Niki Becca wrote: "Marge wrote: "Hi Becca! Loved your interview with Mandy from Words Worth Books on her Edge of Seventeen blog! Can't wait for the book release on the 13th! Best Wishes to you! Can't wait for Cre..."

Totally agree :) I've got hard time reading books, because I always compared it to Twilight...but now there is new competition...Hush, hush beats all! :)

Niki I re-read it all Patch-Nora scenes today...omg...it's really so amazing that takes your breath away :)

Becca Then I can't wait for you to read Crescendo!!! :)

message 11: by Niki (new) - rated it 5 stars

Niki Yeah me too...I'm pretty sure I'll re-read it like 10 times till then :) I love to re-read books...and if they are so good as Hush, hush I love it more :)

You're so nice to answering all your fans :)

Becca Well, simply put, fans ROCK!! :)

Kate (Nomalicious Reads) Hi Becca, I had doubts about hush, hush but after a couple of pages I was glad to have them all blown away, and I'm ashamed I ever had them. All i have to say is simply amazing! I cant wait for Crescendo next year, until then I'll be bugging my friends till they read it ;) Goodluck!

Becca Kate wrote: "Hi Becca, I had doubts about hush, hush but after a couple of pages I was glad to have them all blown away, and I'm ashamed I ever had them. All i have to say is simply amazing! I cant wait for Cre..."

Hey, Kate! Thanks so much for the note - I'm so glad you enjoyed Hush, Hush! And thanks for spreading the love :)

message 15: by Danube (new) - added it

Danube Hi Becca :)
I have yet to read your book. But I have heard so many good things about it. My best-friend is dying to talk to me about it, and she usually is not so excited about book; so i guess that means you've done your job well.
I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

-Danube

Becca Hi, Danube!

That's awesome that your friend loves the book so much :) I hope you enjoy it too!!

Alicia Heyy, Becca!

Lovvvee Hush,Hush thanks for months of steamy dreams of our fav fallen/Guardian angel Patch :) .. Looking forward to blocking out RL with your next book .. Next year?? cant wait!

Alicia, NZ

Becca Hey, Alicia! Haha...glad you liked Patch. Yes, Crescendo comes out October 2010. I promise I'm writing as fast as I can! :)

Ashleigh Stafford Is it the sequel to Hush, Hush?? Oh man! I hope so! I mean I wasn't left hanging but I could definitely use some more Patch myself! hehe It was an incredible book! :) Whether Cresendo is the sequel or not, I'm looking forward to it.

Becca Hi, Ashleigh!

Thanks for the note - I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed Patch and Nora's story! Crescendo is the sequel. In it, you'll find out what really happened the night Nora's dad was murdered. Let's just say he was living a secret life...one with ties to Patch...

becca

Shannon :O Oh my god. I love Hush Hush! From start to finish it left me wondering about Patch, about the strange masked person and the strange visions be put into Nora's mind. I just loved every part of it, and the chemistry between Nora and Patch made my stomach flip! I think Patch is the ultimate bad boy, very alluring! ;D

I look forward to picking up Crescendo and enjoying your FANTASTIC writing, and the amazing characters you have created.

You smart cookie :]!

Becca Dana wrote: "I bought your book yesterday and today I'm halfway through with it. I like Patch and Nora's story and it fascinates me so much because of the mysteries of Patch. I don't know who the guy in the ski..."

Hi, Dana!

Thanks for the note - I'm so glad you're enjoying the mystery and suspense!

Becca

Becca Shannon wrote: ":O Oh my god. I love Hush Hush! From start to finish it left me wondering about Patch, about the strange masked person and the strange visions be put into Nora's mind. I just loved every part of..."

Hey, Shannon!

YAY! I'm so glad you loved Patch and Nora's story! Can't wait to see what you think of Crescendo... ;)

Becca

Torie I love your book! I read it crazy fast. And I, as many other readers, loved Patch. I got very, very excited when I heard about Crescendo. But October 2010 is way too far away! Guess I'll just have to be patient. :)

Becca Hey, Torie!

Crazy fast is a good thing! :)

I promise I'm writing Crescendo as fast as I can...haha!

Becca

Happie Hi! Just happened to see your book Hush, Hush in a bookstore here in the Philippines...being curious, I searched the web and was surprised that it received a lot of praises. Becuase of that, I bought the book and I never regretted it. It was one of the best books I've read. Though I can't wait for Cresendo to come out, I hope you don't feel "to pressured" to put it out. Just continue writing well... looking forward to a better 2nd book. Good luck and God bless.

Becca Hi, Happie!

Thanks for the note! I'm so glad you took a chance on Hush, Hush, and enjoyed it! I promise I'm hard at work, trying to make Crescendo even better :)

Becca

message 28: by Shabeena (last edited Dec 15, 2009 08:42AM) (new)

Shabeena hey Becca loved the book, went through some long procedure to get it (I live in the UK) but i have to tell you. It was totally worth it! =D
ps. I cant wait for Crescendo

Jenny and im having so much fun reading it. thank you i really do love the book. im still on page 352 and part of me is dying to see how it ends but the other part doesnt want it to end. i love patch his my new favorit character.

Becca Shabeena wrote: "hey Becca loved the book, went through some long procedure to get it (I live in the UK) but i have to tell you. It was totally worth it! =D
ps. I cant wait for Crescendo"

YAY! I'm so glad you went to the trouble of hunting it down, and I'm even happier than you enjoyed it so much! Thanks for telling me :)

Becca Jenny wrote: "and im having so much fun reading it. thank you i really do love the book. im still on page 352 and part of me is dying to see how it ends but the other part doesnt want it to end. i love patch his..."

Hey, Jenny!

So glad you love Patch ;) I can't wait to see what you think of Crescendo when it comes out!

Georgie-lyn Hey becca , I love hush hush :D Couldn't put it down
i can’t wait for Crescendo

message 33: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Thanks so much for writing this. I'm a die-hard twilighter and well-known for it at my school so when i turned up reading Hush,Hush for the second time there was a scandal and i had to admit that there is a slight chance I prefer it to twilight lol which surely shows how much i adored it

and having such a perfect guy as Patch in certainly helped :D x

Becca Georgie-lyn wrote: "Hey becca , I love hush hush :D Couldn't put it down
i can’t wait for Crescendo
"

Thanks, Georgie-lyn! I'm so glad you loved it!!

Becca Justkatethanks wrote: "Thanks so much for writing this. I'm a die-hard twilighter and well-known for it at my school so when i turned up reading Hush,Hush for the second time there was a scandal and i had to admit that t..."

Hey, Kate!

WOW! So glad you loved Hush, Hush that much! Laughing about the scandal! ;)

message 36: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth heya becca, I was trying to fill the twilight void in my life, and you have officialy filled it, really cant wait for crescendo, amazing book!!

Becca Beth wrote: "heya becca, I was trying to fill the twilight void in my life, and you have officialy filled it, really cant wait for crescendo, amazing book!!"

WOW - that's quite a compliment! Thank you!! :) Can't wait to see what you think of Crescendo!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Becca!
I just want to say thank you for Hush Hush! I sat down with your book last week and I read it in just one day! Because of your beautiful story it got me to start writing again :)! There were parts that made me smile, laugh, cry and just fall into a puddle of goo… hehe! I love Patch and Nora and Vee is hilarious! Hush Hush is definitely my favorite book!! I can’t wait for Crescendo, I already know it’s gonna rock my socks!!! :p

Happy Holliday!!!

~Megan

Becca Hey, Megan!

YAY! So glad HUSH, HUSH did it for you! I can't wait to see what you think of Crescendo...it's been so much fun to write!

Becca

Karen Elwood Hey becca... I just want to say I fell in love with your book hush hush.. Haha patch is my hero and most certainly my favourite character.. Please come do a signing in Ireland.. Thanks for sharring this amazing book
Karen

Becca Hi, Karen!

I SO want to come to Ireland! My husband tells me our family has an old, crumbly castle there. Plus, I want to meet all my readers and fans!

Thanks again for the note - it means a lot :)

Becca Hey Becca,
Absolutely loved HUSH, HUSH. Its officially my all time favorite book. Cant wait till Crescendo comes out! Looking forward to it =]

Becca. P

Becca Becca wrote: "Hey Becca,

Becca. P"

Hey, Becca! (It sounds weird saying that, ha!)

YAY! So glad you loved Hush, Hush! I'm working hard to make Crescendo even better, so I hope I don't let you down!

message 44: by Izzy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Izzy i think this book was something ells. i could not put it down and have fallen in love with Patch. there is one thing that stands out and it is the cover.

I started reading the book and the writing is interesting and keeps in in the book.

Love the book and cant wait for book 2.

Becca Hey, Izzy! Thanks for the note! I hope you love Crescendo just as much!

message 46: by Izzy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Izzy I cant wait and i know i will....

Priskilla I loved Hush, Hush. I've read it like 5 times, seriously. Nora and Patch are great. Not the typical characters you would read about, and that makes this book different. I'm addicted...hahaha

Can't wait for Cresendo. Keep up the good work Becca ;)

Apurva This book was great!!!! I loved all of the characters!!! They were so well developed!!! I read this book quite quickly and I must say, I was impressed!!! :D
Can't wait for your next book!!!

message 49: by αςΗΓεϒ♥♪ (last edited Jan 28, 2010 07:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

αςΗΓεϒ♥♪ o my gosh becca i loved hush hush!! i read it in one day. i let my best friend borrow my book and she says that she loves it & we made it "our book" and just thinking about how good/cute the story was still makes me smile. & just reading about what crescendo might be about makes it harder to wait! especailly what you said about nora's dad and (extremely cute) patch!!!!!! so i just want to say-to finish-that i love your book and that i didnt like reading but i read Hush Hush & i havent stopped reading books like it and that im super excited for Crescendo!!!

:) Ashley!

& btw im trying to go to one of your book signings so i hope i see you there!!! :)

message 50: by Pryscilla (new)

Pryscilla I simply ADORED Hush Hush its my favorite book! and i've read lots of books. :) my teacher saw ms fitzpatrick in some english meeting i think in pennsylvania i think? i dont know but she told my teacher to tell me thanks for reading! not only is she a great writer but shes not stuck up she actually talks to her fans great book even better author keep up the good work im counting down for crescendo!

« previous 1 3