S.A. Parham's Reviews > Grave Peril

Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

F 50x66
Sep 07, 2007

bookshelves: demons, magic, horror, paranormal, vampires, witches-wizards, ghosts, dragons
Read in September, 2007

This is probably one of the saddest Dresden books thus far, but proves that Butcher is not enamored of his character and can let him evolve through strife as well as success. Harry's quest to seek out what is torturing ghosts leads him to various dead ends before he finally puts the puzzle pieces together (nice of the police and Susan to withhold that information for him for so long). The vampires re-emerge in the series, and I love that Butcher's vampires aren't really human at all. He does a much better job of developing them as something other than humans with fangs than a lot of series do. My only dissatisfaction with this book was that Michael is introduced as a full blown character, whereas it might have been better to have had some of the prior adventures he had with Harry as a separate book before this one. It made me feel like I'd accidentally missed a book in the series with all the plot tie-ins.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Peril.

Nick Rice I agree. but still a very intense book.

Angelic3432 I totally agree. I had to check to make sure this was book 3! Michael was just thrown in. I am also tired of Hell's Bells. LOL.

Dimitrios Completely agree. Hence my review

message 4: by Georgann (new) - added it

Georgann It's why I came on tonight to read the reviews, to see if I missed a book!!