Alissa Bach's Reviews > Remembrance

Remembrance by Jude Deveraux

1915434
Jun 12, 09

bookshelves: adult-books, brain-candy, romance
Recommended for: anyone looking to read something warm, fuzzy & fluffy
Read in June, 2009

Sometimes you just need to escape the bounds of reality with a good, honest-to-goodness cheezy romance that takes very little effort to digest. I mean, the daily grind can be stressful and busy enough, right? Why choose something equally so when it comes to pleasure reading?

Remembrance was one of those what my mom calls "bubblegum for the brain." The plot centers on a centuries-old love affair that was stuff of Greek and/or Shakespearian tragedy. Love that spans lives, soul mates, curses, a strong female lead, a stereotypically-handsome too-good-to-be true hero, and, ultimately, an impossible never-happen-in-real-life happily-ever-after ending... This book has "Chick Lit" written on it in letters that are brighter than the lights of Vegas on the 4th of July. I'm almost embarassed that such a book would enter into my reading list, but it was just SO DARN GOOD!!

Will this book leave you feeling as though you've consumed an entire bag of M&Ms in one sitting? Yes.

Will it leave you feeling warm and fuzzy all over almost to the point of discomfort? Yes.

Will it leave the young and romantically clueless with unrealistic expectations? Yes.

But will you be glad you read it? Yes :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remembrance.

Alissa Bach Yes, it's MAJOR brain-candy & I'll probably have to brush and floss afterward, but at least it's a "grown up" book.