Jaclyn's Reviews > Lincoln's Dreams

Lincoln's Dreams by Connie Willis

Jun 03, 2009

bookshelves: civil-war, fantasy-science-fiction, summer-09-challenge
Recommended for: civil war buffs who like a bit of fantasy storytelling
Read in August, 2009

Jeff is a researcher for a civil war historical novelist. Annie is his old college roommate's girlfriend and she is having strange and terrifying dreams. The two meet on a fateful night and embark on a journey to solve the mystifying puzzle of Annie's dreams and why she is having them. I was a bit nervous that I wouldn't like this book when I started it. I am not that knowledgeable about, or into, the Civil War and am not terribly into fantasy storytelling either; these combined did not bode well for this book. However, I am so very glad I gave it a chance b/c I really liked it. Willis has a way of writing that really keeps the story flowing and although there are a lot of obscure civil war facts, they were woven into the story so well. There was also a lot of dream theory woven in, which I really enjoyed. I will definitely be reading more by Connie Willis. I love when I can finish a book feeling entertained and educated at the same time. I hope all of Willis's writing is like this one!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lincoln's Dreams.