Kristina Jo's Reviews > D'liberate Ramblings

May 11, 10

it was ok
bookshelves: first-reads, poetry
Read in May, 2010

I am officially not a poetry kind of person. I can't write it, and I can never tell if I'm reading it right. I suspect that some people would tell me that, since it's poetry, there is no right or wrong way to read it, but I always feel like I'm missing something. It doesn't have the impact on me that I think poetry should. Which is probably a large part of why I'm not a poetry kind of person. I over-think it. Except when I under-think it, I guess.

As a non-poetry person, I don't feel qualified to review these writings. However, I am expected to do so. So, the best I can offer you is this: I think that, were I a poetry person, I would really really like this slim little volume. I got the impression that it was about living life, loving others and yourself, being amenable to positive changes, and all that good stuff. I suspect that I missed all the really important stuff, and I have to apologize to Mr. Leo Shelton for being all obtuse and such, but I would recommend this to any person who does understand poetry, because even if they don't like Shelton's poems, they'll at least understand why.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read D'liberate Ramblings.