Adil's Reviews > Rock This!

Rock This! by Chris Rock

Chris Rock
242pgs
Hyperion
0-7868-8941-1

This is a hilarious and extreme book created by Chris Rock, a well-known comedian. Chris Rock explores all the usual issues and taboo issues of America such as our prison system, racism, government, economy, drrug problem,e.t.c. While he's talking about these issues, he cracks jokes that would make even the most serious person laugh. He takes a lot of shots at O.J. and the possibility of a black leader, but most of his jokes are varied.

Even thought Chris Rock is silly most of the time, he puts up some good points like: the prison system of America isn't tough enough, racism is present most of the time, and our government doesn't do enough to help out the needy.Chris Rock exagerates most of the issues to make a good joke, but he ties all to one main theme: Life is full of many hardships and anything that is derogoratory to people makes it even worse.

This book may be conteversial and too much for some people to handle, but in the end you learn from someone else's point of view and laugh in the process. Read this book and learn to poke fun at some of the ridiculus things that happen in our nation.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock This!.