Jennifer AlLee's Reviews > So Not Happening

So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones

Jun 12, 09

Read in June, 2009

Meet Bella Kirkwood, Manhattan fashionista teen who finds herself transplanted in Truman, Oklahoma. From the get-go, she's desperate to find a way out of this nightmare her life has become. She's positive her new step-father, Jake, is up to no good. Bella starts to see conspiracies around every corner. But then, when she's sitting in a dumpster (you've got to read the book to find out why) she stumbles on an honest to goodness conspiracy that could rock her school and change her life.

Jenny B. Jones is one cool chick. Not only did she create a bunch of great, original characters, but she wrote a story that will entertain females of all ages. (I'm closing in on 45, myself.) Bella's not a perfect girl, but she strives to be the best she can. Her faith is a part of who she is, and is handled as such, making this appropriate for anyone, no matter what her religious views.

I especially enjoyed how she worked the mystery into the story. I certainly wasn't expecting so much tension, but it was a great surprise. At times funny, touching, and thrilling, So Not Happening is a great ride from start to finish.

This is the first book in the Charmed Life series, and I'm SO glad. I'm looking forward to the next installment of Bella's story (even though I will have passed 45 by the time it comes out).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Not Happening.

06/02/2009 page 95