Billy Maise's Reviews > Strangers

Strangers by Dean Koontz

M 50x66
Jun 05, 09

Read in January, 2007

** spoiler alert ** Ok. Strangers is definitely tied with Watchers for My Favorite Koontz Book. Let me break it down for you. Sleepwalking. Telepathic signals. Multiple plotlines all being dragged inexorably towards a creepy hotel in Nevada. Healing powers. A government conspiracy. Nail-biting suspense. And then...AND THEN...EXTRATERRESTRIALS!
What?
YEAH, ALIENS!
Are you sure you've got the right author?
YEAH, MAN! KOONTZ THREW SOME SCI-FI SPICE ALL UP IN THAT CASSEROLE!
So there's no vicious monster?
Nope.
There's not a cloud of deadly ectoplasm?
Nah, man. Just an alien species traveling in cryostasis across the galaxy to make contact with other intelligent lifeforms.
Wow.
I know. Who woulda thunk it?

Anyway, unlike the alien twist in Indiana Jones 4 (LAME.), this one worked out spectacularly. The characters were deep and realistic. The build-up was top-notch and culminated in the biggest shocker in Koontz history. I mean, bravo.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strangers.

message 1: by Dorian (new)

Dorian Staten Thanks for telling me it's aliens and spoiling it for me, asshat. I was just about to read the damn book.

Hope Viveiros Right? I'm almost done with the book, and maybe its just me, but I'd been suspecting aliens for a while.

Billy Maise Did you guys miss the spoiler alert at the top? Apparently.

message 4: by Hil (new) - added it

Hil I specifically read your review cos it contained spoilers and I just wanted to confirm it is going to be aliens, because it just feels so obviously like it's going to be aliens at the end of chapter 6. I don't like Dean's alien books so much (did you know he's actually written quite a few? In fact most of his really early work was sci fi) so now I'm not looking forward to finishing the rest of this massive book... Thanks for your review Billy!

message 5: by Hil (new) - added it

Hil Just to add, that was a genuine thanks, not meant to sound snarky - I just reread it and thought it might come across like that. I'm just happy to have it confirmed.