CaliGirlRae's Reviews > Overheated

Overheated by Barbara Dunlop

Jun 06, 09

bookshelves: older-man-younger-woman-romances, contemporary-romance, romance, harlequin, sexy-nerds
Recommended for: Sweet romance and family drama fans.
Read in June, 2009, read count: 1

I was a bit iffy whether or not I would be able to get into this story if it was NASCAR heavy but the sport just served as a backdrop to set the stage and lives of the characters more than serve as a center. Crystal and Larry are a cute couple and I really loved that Larry was a mathematician/rocket scientist who worked for NASA. Crystal was a bit too feisty at times but seemed at her best when caring for her family or dog.

The drama between Crystal and her family felt more developed and focused than the romance with Larry. Love scenes were kept "offscreen" and behind closed doors which would appeal to sweet romance fans looking for some good ole fashioned romance (although there's a good amount of witty sexual innuendo and banter between the hero and heroine). I wish there was a bit more chemistry developed between Crystal and Larry and perhaps it could have had the chance in a longer story. I felt kinda like Larry did every time they kept getting interrupted! Despite these minor flaws, I enjoyed reading their story as well as seeing how Crystal came into her own as a person and within her own family. The niece and nephew were too cute!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overheated.

CaliGirlRae I don't like Nascar but this one has the older guy and sexy nerd themes so I'll give it a go.