Nancy's Reviews > Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control: A Love-Based Approach to Helping Attachment-Challenged Children With Severe Behaviors, Volume 1

Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control by Heather T. Forbes

Aug 30, 09

bookshelves: all-time-favorites
Read in August, 2009

This is an amazing book! I highly recommend it to any parent, but particularly to parents of challenging children and/or children who have been adopted later than infancy. Having a daughter adopted from an orphanage at age 4, and a foster daughter who was a street child for 6 years, in an orphanage for 8 years, and in a failed adoption for a year, and who obviously has reactive attachment disorder as a result, I have personally experienced many of the principles in this book as effective. I am amazed by the kind, Christian attitude this book presents toward these children and the Biblical philosophy towards their intrinsic value and the gospel principles that will heal them. Of course, no one is beyond hope! But this book is the first to make it seem really possible.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control.