Dream 4 More Reviews's Reviews > This Ain't No Hearts and Flowers Love Story Pt1

This Ain't No Hearts and Flowers Love Story Pt1 by Brooklyn Darkchild

Jun 15, 09

bookshelves: book-swamp
Read in June, 2009

This is a quick read once you get engaged and engrossed with the main two characters: Baby Girl (BG) also known as "Princess" and Obie (OB), birth name Oscar Bryan...I would call myself OB too. What the two characters have in common: no motherly love!

This is raw, nitty-gritty, entertaining, and Ebonics is the middle name of this book! It is for the Hip Hop Era, new style of writing and format, that can reel you in to keep reading or scare you off from your normal novel.

What makes it clever, I think of the classic black writers like Richard Wright, Langston Hughes, and many others who wrote out of the norm (to captivate and grab your attention). Moreover, you cannot classify a particular genre for this book. If I had to come up with something as a reviewer, it would be Lyrical Fiction or Hip-Hop Monologue turns Fiction.

Hard to rate this book...this is a first for me!

Dream 4 More Book Reviews,
Adrienna Turner, President
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Ain't No Hearts and Flowers Love Story Pt1.