Lauren's Reviews > Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense, Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabulous!

Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman

Dec 02, 09

bookshelves: veg-n, health, food
Read in May, 2009

Though I would normally pass on a title as in-your-face as this, I once heard the author speak, and decided I wanted to see what style of writing she actually used.

To her credit, she admits that "Skinny Bitch" was thought up to sell books, and that you shouldn't actually be one.

The book is playful in tone, and gives the feeling of just chatting with a friend. There's good basic advice about eating: natural, organic, etc. The author also happens to be vegan.

As a vegan I was excited to see the book actually address the topic. Nothing vegan-related was new to me though, and if I weren't vegan I'd probably have been disappointed at the book when it turned to animal issues.

So, if you're looking for a basic book on nutrition, you're interested in veganism, and you're not worried about a book with a bit of attitude, this could be a fun one!

(I will say that I liked this book enough to read the Bun in the Oven, the follow up for vegan pregnancies. It was similarly fun, but a lot of overlapping information.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny Bitch.