Ashley's Reviews > As Long as We Both Shall Live

As Long as We Both Shall Live by Lurlene McDaniel

Sep 25, 07

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read in September, 2007

Knowing this book was for teenagers I expected it to be a little predictable and bubble-gummy. Boy was I right. I could pretty much tell you how the book was going to end and what was going to happen next after reading the first couple of pages. Didn't stop me from continuing though. Even though it was for the younger generation it was still a good read for me. It reminded me of the ones like it that I used to read when I was 15. It showed me how much I had moved on to more adult novels and stuff and I sorda missed it. I tried not to cry at the end - I tried hard but a few tears still trickled down my face. No matter how young the audience the book is intended for, it still struck a nerve in my heart. I knew what kind of book it was before I cracked it open but I didn't think it'd have effect on me.

It's awesome if you're in your teens and it's a nice, comforting read if you're an adult and want to be reminded on how fragile life is. A bit depressing but still a good love story with tragedy.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Long as We Both Shall Live.