Bry's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Jun 22, 09

bookshelves: jane-austen-esque, 2009, humor, urban-fantasy, historical-fiction
Read in June, 2009

Seriously I laughed out loud at several points during this book. Now I am a HUGE Austen fan, as in I have read each of her novels NUMEROUS times, and have over 25 sequels, companions, rewrites, etc all of P&P. Addicted? Yes. But at least I admit it.

At first I wasn't sure if I was more curious or appalled at the idea of this book, but in the curiosity won out. And I am so glad I did. I thought it was hilarious.

Did it need more zombies? YES. I thought considering the premise that was a lack of zombie/character interactions. Frankly I though Lizzy would be having to kick ass every day, but still it was awesome. I really liked how the premise was woven into the characters lives and backgrounds.

All in all, just awesome. All Janeites should read it unless they are total purists.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Harper I love Jane Austen and I love zombies. For me this book was a win/win. LOL. It definitely could have used a bit more zombie action, though.

message 2: by Darkfallen (new)

Darkfallen Hi there Bry! Soooo I wondering if you would be willing to let us host you and your review of this for our Zompacolypse 2011 event over at the blog? Here is the link to all of the details about the event: http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot....

Let us know and hope to see ya there!