Alison's Reviews > Shadow of Betrayal

Shadow of Betrayal by Brett Battles

Jul 01, 09

Read in June, 2009

If I say nothing else about this book I have to say this: I can't wait for the movie!

I was lucky enough to have received an advanced reader's copy of Brett Battles latest Jonathan Quinn book. I was worried at first, that I had not first read the two previous books in the series before sitting down to read this one. To my pleasant surprise, it was not a problem. The author does a wonderful job of catching up the reader without droning on about details insignificant to the plot at hand. And what a fast-paced plot it was! It was smart, action-packed, and tense in all the right places.

The "cleaner" Jonathan Quinn takes on three assignments that he apparently owed one of his employers. Those three assignments are all connected to a group known as the LP -- a ahadow organization working from both within and without the U.S. government. It turns out the L.P. was abducting children, children with special needs. But why? What was the end game? And even though it wasn't part of his contract, will Jonathan Quinn be able to stop it?

Now that I have read book #3, I have a feeling that I will go back and learn more about Jonathan Quinn in books 1 and 2, while I anxiously await book 4. There will be a book 4....right??

**If you enjoyed this review and would like to read more, please visit my book review blog:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Betrayal.